25 things you never knew about me (and quite possibly never needed to know).
1. My glasses slide down my nose every time both hands are full carrying something.
2. I only buy really good ice cream - but it will still die freezer-burned forgotten half-full.
3. I start 90% of my blog posts handwritten in a journal.
4. I always have a waiter's wine key at the bottom of my purse.
5. I'm the middle of 5 siblings.
6. My meat intake cut in half when I let a vegetarian move into my house.
7. My bacon intake doubled when I let a vegetarian move into my house.
8. I will always, always, always - no matter how hard I try to remember to pay attention - burn the last pan of cookies.
9. Most of the time when I'm cooking I feel like I'm on a cooking show explaining everything to my audience.
10. I think the only good beer is a sour beer (Yay Lambics!)
11. As a kid mustard was by far my favorite condiment - now it's joined by vinegar and hot sauce as my top three.
12. I think I'm nerdier than my friends realize.
13. I don't love eating my own cooking - I can't stop analyzing it for what I'd do differently next time.
14. I will finally consider myself cool if I ever own a forest green (or sky blue) 1970s VW Beetle and a white surfboard.
15. I think avocados are one of the truly perfect foods.
16. I once heard a quote about a woman saying if she were stranded on a deserted island she would want her mascara - I would want a knife, a pan and rope.
17. I excel at parallel parking.
18. I wore Chuck Taylors even when they weren't cool.
19. I spent most of my childhood climbing trees (preferably picking apples or plums).
20. If I could only have one lunch for the rest of my life it would be grilled fish and avocado over a salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
21. I will never throw away a pair of plaid pants I bought in high school at a thrift store because I never want to be able to deny to myself that I actually wore them.
22. I really like men who can cook - but I adore men who love to eat what I cook
23. Goldfish crackers are my stress food.
24. I take more risks in life than is probably healthy - but I will still never feel the need to go skydiving
25. The one recipe I will never give away is my mom's old-school spaghetti recipe (which even she has mostly forgotten).